Job Role: Senior Azure DevOps Engineer
Education: Any Graduate
Experience: 5 to 9 years
Skills: Azure, DevOps, Power shell scripting
Role and responsibilities:
- Script with PowerShell, Bash, Groovy, or similar scripting languages.
- Design deployment pipelines to ensure reliable order of dependency deployments.
- Select and implement desired state solution(s) for a deployment environment (PowerShell DSC, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Implement branch / merge strategies (e.g., branch policies, branch protections, manual, etc.)
- Configure and integrate cloud services with monitoring tools (Azure Monitor Application Insights).
- Integrate release pipelines with work item tracking (e.g., AZ DevOps, Jira).
- Integrate the build pipeline with external tools (e.g., Dependency and security scanning, Code coverage).
- Recommend package management tools (e.g., GitHub Packages, Azure Artifacts, Azure Automation Runbooks Gallery, Nuget, JFrog, Artifactory).
- Design and implement build agent infrastructure (include cost, tool selection, licenses, maintainability).
- Implement alerts using appropriate strategies.
- Monitor build and deployment pipeline health (failure rate, duration, flaky tests).
- Analyse system dependencies to determine monitoring requirements.
- Design identity and access management solutions and features (Azure AD Privileged Identity Management (PIM), Azure AD Conditional Access, MFA).
- Design a secrets storage and retrieval strategy (Key Vault secrets, GitHub secrets, Azure Pipelines secrets).
- Design a source code compliance solution (e.g., GitHub Code scanning, GitHub Secret scanning, pipeline-based scans, Git hooks, SonarQube, Dependabot, etc.).
- Implement Azure policies to enforce organizational requirements.
- Implement container scanning (e.g., static scanning, malware, crypto mining).
- Design and implement Azure Container Registry Tasks.
- Ability to integrate/migrate disparate source control systems (e.g., GitHub, Azure Repos). Emphasis on knowledge of Git across various offerings.
- Ability to design and implement Infrastructure as Code (ARM, Terraform, PowerShell, CLI) for Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of Software development practices (API development, application, etc.)
- Knowledge of Application lifecycle management (ALM)
- Knowledge of Caching, Cloud storage, cloud systems management and operations
- Exposure to Compliance (PCI, HIPPA, etc.)
- Understanding of Data architecting, migration (cross platform / upgrade), modelling (physical and logical)
- Exposure to Database and server virtualization, Database architecture, design, management, Diagnostics, health checks, and monitoring
- Knowledge of Distributed application design and database design
- Understanding of Event sourcing, Identity and security
- Understanding of Package management (npm, NuGet, etc.) and performance tuning
- Knowledge of types of hardware managed/administered (e.g. tablets with kiosk software)
- Good Communication skills Written and Verbal.